MTN Pulse is one of MTN Nigeria’s most popular prepaid tariff plans, known for its affordable call rates and bonus data offers. If you’re looking to enjoy exclusive benefits like 1GB of data for just ₩500 on Dealzone and all-night browsing for ₩25 daily, migrating to MTN Pulse could be a smart choice.
This guide will walk you through the simple steps on how to migrate to MTN Pulse tariff plan using your existing MTN line. We will explain the migration code, the benefits of Pulse, and how to activate the code to complete the process. By following these instructions, you can take advantage of MTN Pulse’s great features and save money on your phone usage.
What is MTN Pulse Code?
The MTN Pulse code is *406#, one of the most popular prepaid tariff plans offered by MTN Nigeria. It provides subscribers with an affordable way to stay connected through exclusive call rates, data bonuses, and access to special offers and services.
How To Migrate To MTN Pulse Using USSD Code
If you want to start enjoying these great benefits, migrating from your existing MTN line to Pulse is quite simple. Here are the different migration methods in detail:
Here are the steps to migrate to MTN Pulse using the USSD code method:
- Dial *406# from your phone’s dialer app.
- Select the first option.
- You will receive a prompt asking you to confirm migration to MTN Pulse.
- Select the ‘1’ option for ‘Yes’ to confirm.
- The process will be completed instantly once confirmed.
- You will receive an SMS notification confirming your successful migration.
This USSD method is quick and straightforward, taking less than a minute to complete directly from your phone.
Alternatively, you can use another direct USSD code to migrate. Here is how to use it:
- On your phone’s dial pad, enter *123*2*2#
- You will receive a prompt asking you to select a new plan.
- Use your phone’s keys to navigate and select option 2 for “MTN Pulse”.
- Confirm your selection to migrate to MTN Pulse.
- You will get an SMS notification confirming your successful migration.
Other Ways You Can Migrate to MTN Pulse
There are other ways to migrate to MTN Pulse; while these processes are longer than the use of USSD code, they present an alternative for you if you can’t use the USSD codes.
1. Using SMS
Here are the steps to migrate to MTN Pulse via SMS:
- Open the messaging app on your phone.
- Type a new message to 312.
- In the message body, type “406.”
- Send the message.
- Within moments, you will receive a reply SMS confirming your migration to MTN Pulse.
This option is also convenient if you want to use something other than USSD codes.
2. Using The MTN Website
- Go to www.mtn.ng
- Locate and click the ‘Migrate to MTN Pulse’ option on the homepage.
- Enter your 10-digit MTN phone number and 4-digit PIN.
- Review the plan details, tick the acceptance box and click ‘Continue’.
- You will receive an SMS confirmation of your successful migration to MTN Pulse.
Now, you can enjoy discounted call rates and data bonuses as an MTN Pulse subscriber!
3. Using the MyMTN App
Using the MyMTN App is another easy way to migrate to MTN Pulse; here are the steps:
- Download and open the MyMTN app on your Android or iOS device.
- If you’re not logged in, enter your phone number and select the ‘Continue’ button. You will receive an OTP on your number to verify your identity.
- Once logged in, go to the ‘Profile’ section by clicking on the menu icon (three horizontal lines) in the top left.
- Under your profile, look for the ‘My Plan’ option. Select this.
- You will see your current plan displayed. Click on the ‘Change Plan’ button below it.
- A popup will appear with the different plan options. Select ‘MTN Pulse’ from the list.
- Review the plan details for MTN Pulse on the next screen. If satisfied, click ‘Continue’.
- You may need to enter your SIM number again for verification. Do so and click ‘Submit’.
- The app will confirm that your migration to MTN Pulse was successful.
You can now start enjoying the benefits of MTN Pulse, like discounted call rates and free data bonuses.
Benefits Of Migrating to MTN Pulse
Some key benefits of migrating to MTN Pulse include:
- Discounted call rates to other MTN Pulse subscribers of 11.26 kobo per second after the first minute.
- Access to affordable data bundles like 750MB for three days at N300 or 1.5GB weekly bundle for N500.
- Special Instagram, TikTok and YouTube bundles like 350MB for N100 or 1GB for N200.
- 100% data bonus on recharges of N500 or more. For example, 1GB for N500 is valid for 7 days.
- Free 10MB instant data bonus on every recharge of N100 or more, valid for 7 days.
- Ability to earn Pulse Points from activations that can be redeemed for free data bundles.
- Affordable night plan bundles from N25 for 250MB and N50 for 500MB up to 2GB bundles for browsing between 11 pm-6 am.
- Discounted SMS rate of N4 to chat with other MTN Pulse users.
- Various freebies and promotions every week through MTN Y’ellow Friday.
- FREE calls to other MTN lines between 12:30 am and 4:30 am daily.
Other MTN Tariff Plans
- MTN mPulse
- MTN TruTalk
- MTN XtraSpecial Prepaid
- MTN BetaTalk
- MTN AWUF4U
- MTN XtraValue
- MTN YafunYafun
Migrating to MTN Pulse has amazing benefits, and the steps are easy. Please note that migration is free within 30 days of your previous change. After that, there is a nominal 102 Naira charge. You may lose any existing balances when migrating.