Are you tired of having to find WiFi or mobile data to check your bank account balance or make quick transfers? The First Bank transfer code, *894#, provides an easy solution for on-the-go banking.
Through the First Bank USSD code, customers can access popular banking services directly from their mobile phones without an internet connection. Simply dial *894# and follow the prompts to check balances, transfer funds, pay bills and more – all from the comfort of your phone.
In this guide, we’ll walk through how to use the First Bank USSD code to perform everyday tasks like checking your account balance, transferring money to another First Bank account or mobile wallet, and paying utility bills. It only takes a few taps to complete transactions.
We’ll also cover activating the USSD code service on your First Bank account if you haven’t already. So whether you need to bank in between meetings or on your commute, learn how to conveniently manage your finances anywhere with the First Bank USSD code.
What is First Bank USSD Code?
The First Bank USSD code is *894#. This code provides customers easy and quick access to banking services from any location without visiting a physical branch. With the *894# code, customers can do various banking transactions using their mobile phones. Whether you have an iPhone, Android or basic feature phone, you can access the *894# service on any mobile network.
The *894# code, also known as the First Bank transfer code or Quick Banking Service, enables fund transfers between First Bank accounts and from First Bank to other banks. It allows customers to get a lot done from the comfort of their location.
Eligibility for Using *894#
Available Financial Transactions Through *894#
With First Bank’s *894# USSD code, you can conveniently carry out the following banking transactions:
– Check your First Bank account balance
– Transfer money to other First Bank accounts
– Transfer money to other bank accounts
– Buy airtime
– Pay bills
– Request for loans
The transactions are completed without the need for internet connectivity. This makes *894# a fast, easy way to access essential banking services anywhere from your mobile device once you have a First Bank account.
First Bank Transfer Code From First Bank To First Bank Account
The First Bank transfer code for transactions within First Bank is *894*1*1*amount*accountnumber#. You can use this code to transfer money between First Bank accounts easily.
Alternatively, you can follow the steps below:
- Dial *894# from your registered mobile number.
- Select option 1 for Quick Banking
- Select option 1 for “First to First Transfer.”
- Enter the amount you want to send.
- Input the recipient’s First Bank account number.
- Enter your USSD PIN when prompted.
The money will be deducted from your First Bank account and reflected in the recipient’s account. You and the recipient will receive SMS/EMAIL notifications confirming the transaction.
First Bank Transfer Code From First Bank To Other Banks
The first bank transfer code to send money from First bank to another bank account is *894*1*2*Amount*Recipient’s Account Number#. Once you dial the transfer code, you will be prompted to confirm the details and enter your PIN.
Alternatively, you can follow the steps below
- Dial the First bank USSD code, *894#, from your registered phone.
- Select option 2 for “Other banks Transfer.”
- Enter the amount you want to send.
- Input the recipient’s account number.
- Enter your USSD PIN when prompted.
- Select the recipient’s bank from the list.
- The amount will be deducted from your First Bank account and credited to the recipient’s account with the other bank instantly.
This allows easy transfer of funds from a First Bank account to another First Bank account or bank accounts with other banks in Nigeria using the First Bank Transfer Code from any location via a mobile phone.
How to Transfer Money From First Bank to Opay Account
This is a practical example of transferring money from First Bank to another bank using the First Bank transfer code. Here are the steps to transfer money from your First Bank account to your Opay account using First Bank’s USSD codes:
- Dial *894*1*2# from your registered First Bank mobile number.
- Select the “Transfer Money” option.
- Select “Opay” as the recipient’s bank.
- Enter the amount you want to transfer.
- Enter your 10-digit Opay account number as the recipient’s account number.
- Confirm all the transfer details and enter your USSD PIN when prompted.
- You will receive an SMS notification once the transfer is successful.
- The money will be instantly credited to your Opay wallet account.
First Bank Airtime Code
Purchasing airtime for yourself or others is simple and convenient using the First Bank airtime code. The First bank airtime code to recharge for yourself is *894*Amount#. For example, to recharge N500 airtime, dial *894*500#.
The First bank airtime code to recharge for another number is *894*Amount*Phone Number#. For instance, to recharge N200 airtime for 08076543210, dial *894*200*08076543210#. You will be prompted to enter your 5-digit USSD PIN in both cases.
Another option is to follow the steps below:
- Dial *894# from your registered First Bank number
- Select “Buy Airtime & Data”
- Choose airtime for yourself or another number
- Select a network and enter the amount, e.g. N100
- Confirm details and enter USSD PIN
How to Get 5-Digit Pin for First Bank Transfer
Your 5-digit PIN for First Bank transfers is an important security credential that allows you to authorize fund transfers from your First Bank account. You will need your transfer PIN to another First Bank account or an account with a different bank.
There are two main ways to get your 5-digit First Bank transfer PIN:
- During Account Opening/Activation
When opening a new First Bank account or activating your transfer feature for an existing account, you will be prompted to create a 5-digit PIN. Make sure to choose a unique number that is challenging for others to guess. You will receive the PIN via SMS once your registration is complete.
- By Dialing the USSD Code
If you already have a First Bank account but need to remember your transfer PIN, you can retrieve it by dialing *894*0# from your registered mobile number. Follow the automated prompts to reset your PIN. Enter your account number and existing PIN when required.
You can then choose a new 5-digit transfer PIN. Make sure to keep it confidential as it is required to authorize all transfers from your First Bank account via channels like USSD, FirstMobile app, online banking, and ATMs.
To use your transfer PIN, enter it when prompted during fund transfers through any of the aforementioned channels. It ensures only you can move money from your account for security.
How to Activate First Bank USSD Code
To use the First Bank transfer code for transactions like sending money, you first need to activate it by registering your account details and setting a PIN. Here are the requirements and steps to activate the First Bank transfer code:
- A First Bank account
- An active debit card linked to your account
- A mobile phone of any type (feature phone or smartphone)
- The phone number is linked to your First Bank account and profiled for SMS alerts.
- Dial *894*0# on your mobile phone
- A list of masked debit card numbers linked to your account will be displayed
- Select your preferred debit card
- Enter the 4-digit PIN for the selected debit card
- Create a new 5-digit PIN for the transfer code
- Your First Bank USSD code registration is now complete
The activation process is straightforward and only takes a few minutes to complete. Ensure you choose a 5-digit PIN that is easy to remember, as you will need it to log in and carry out transactions using the transfer code.
Once activated, you can start using the First Bank transfer code by dialing *894# from your phone to check balances, send money within First Bank or to other banks, buy airtime, pay bills and more. Transactions are done instantly, regardless of internet connectivity.
How to Check My First Bank Account Balance Using USSD Code
Checking your bank account balance is essential to keep track of your finances and ensure you don’t overdraw your account. First Bank’s USSD banking service lets you quickly check your account balance from your mobile phone in just a few seconds.
- Dial *894*00# from your registered mobile number.
- You will receive a text message stating your current account balance.
- There is no need to input your account number or PIN.
It’s a fast, easy, and secure way to check your balance anywhere, anytime, without internet access. The balance is reflected in real-time, so you always have an updated view of your account funds.
You can also check your balance through the FirstBank mobile app, online banking portal or ATM. However, the USSD method is the most basic and requires no app download or internet data.
Be sure to check your balance regularly to keep track of transactions and avoid unwelcome account charges. The First Bank USSD service makes it effortless to stay on top of your finances on the go.
Full List of All First Bank USSD Codes For Financial Transactions
|For account opening
|Airtime recharge for self
|Airtime recharge for others
|To check balance
|To deactivate a mobile number
In conclusion, the First Bank USSD code, *894#, offers a convenient and efficient way for customers to access a wide range of banking services directly from their mobile phones without needing data. With this service, customers can easily check their account balances, transfer funds, pay bills, buy airtime, and even request loans, all from the comfort of their mobile devices.
The USSD code is accessible on any mobile phone and network, making it a versatile and inclusive solution for on-the-go banking. Additionally, the security measures such as the 5-digit transfer PIN ensure that transactions are safe and secure.